16 February, 2007

New PayPerPost opportunity

I haven't visited the PayPerPost website for a week or so. So many things going on with the delivery date for our project at work approaching, then passing, and still working on the project. So needless today we missed our delivery, now it is just a race to get the darned thing out the door - but that is niether here nor there.

Anyway, I hit the PPP website yesterday evening because I had some time and thought I'd try and put up an ad or two. Plus, this site finally hit the 90 day mark and has the proper amount of posts, properly spread out, so I submitted this site to PPP to allow me to put ads on this blog as well as my other blog at http://myownhometown.blogspot.com - which is mostly stuff about my family life, but might be interesting to some, so please, stop on by and take a look.

While I was there I noticed some sweet changes to their site. For starters, they give one the ability to view only opportunities their blogs are qualified for. That really reduces the time it takes one to sort through the opportunies that they qualify for (i.e. certain pageranks, etc).

At any rate, something else they now have is a "Review My Post" opportunity. It sounds very simple. You place a graphic link at the bottom of your post (see the bottom of this post for an example). Someone reads your post, they click the link. If they are not a 'postie' (as PPP calls us) they can sign up for PPP. A new opportunity is created just for them to review your post on their blog. The opportunity pays $7.50. Once they are paid their$7.50 (presumeably after the 30 day mark), you get paid $7.50. I am not certain if there are any limits to this. It seems to me that two or three bloggers could get together and just spend time reviewing each other's posts and rake in some coinage, but that remains to be seen.

As a side note, this could actually increase traffic to your site, and thereby increase your page rank.


No comments: