04 May, 2007

Stay away from text-link-ads.com

Back on 11 April I posted about Text Link Ads. Any blog I attempted to sign up there was rejected without explanation. I wrote them an email for explanation, but to date, nearly a month later, there was zero response from these people.



I could not, in good conscience, recommend these people for a revenue stream. While I have absolutely no problem with companies like these accepting or rejecting blogs for whatever reason floats their boat. I think that the reasons should be clear and posted. Also, if a company takes your social security number, they should have the decency to answer your email for cripes sake.



I would recommend that people avoid this site. I can't be sure what they are doing with the information of people that sign up, but I can be about 80% sure they are not protecting your information. My guess is that they are selling every bit of data they con you into giving.



Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have totally opposite opinion about Text Link Ads. I waited much longer before I got approved to publisher program. See my blog post http://tjantunen.com/2007/05/05/my-blog-is-accepted-to-text-link-ads-publisher-program/
I have also got first payment of their affiliate program, so I can recommend Text Link Ads for everybody who wants to make money.

Unknown said...

My opposition to TextLinkAds is not that they are a scam or anything like that. I don't know if they are or aren't and don't really care. My problem with them is that 1) After agreeing to their terms of use, those terms are nowhere to be found for further review. 2) They do not supply any information on how they accept sites. 3) They do not respond to emails inquiring about numbers 1 and 2. These things together leave me wary about such a company. Any company that operates in such darkness and secrecy, I cannot trust any more than the government (which isn't very much).