10 January, 2007

The new job

OKay, well, despite my best effort yesterday to get two ads up, I was only able to get one ad up - for $5.00. It has yet to be approved, but I'm confident that it will be.

It took about 45 minutes, which doesn't bode well for the $/hour ratio. Although I have to admit, it would probably take less time if I just sat down, without interruption, and did the work. Even if it does take 1.5 hours to post two ads (and general posts in between), the 5 ads that have been approved so far total $39.01 which translates to just over $7.80 per ad. If I add the last two ads posted (but not yet approved) that per ad income goes up to just over $8.14 per ad.

If we look conservativly at $7 per add, and two ads per night and 1.5 hours per ad, that would mean about $9.33 an hour. Which really, for the kind of work being done, isn't all that shabby.

Problem is that will three kids in school, and parents who are increasingly lacking good health, and a disabled wife, I could not just sit down and do the work. I had to work for a few minutes here and a few minutes there, and eventually got it posted.

That being said, I could have posted another one after the kids went to bed at 2100, but I was pretty much spent. Hell, I didn't do well in algebra the first time around, and wracking my brain trying to help the 6th grader with his algebra pretty much wastes my brain's capacity. Beside, Boston Legal was on, and Denny Crane was heading to New Orleans. Had to give that my full attention! :)

Oh, and thanks for visiting!

No comments: